Friday, April 4, 2014

A new bike for the Grandkids.

I have not been posting as often since we have been at HHR in Missouri. I have been catching up with friends, doing some riding and overall just enjoying a relaxed lifestyle. Have I mentioned how much I don't miss work?

I did need to make good on one promise I made before we left. My grandson William is 5. He loves anything with wheels. He loves to ride on my motorcycle and he likes to run the throttle. He rides his bike, scooter and 4 wheeler quite well. I made him the same deal I made my own children. If he learns to ride without training wheels, I will get him a motorcycle to ride. This is not his alone, this is for all of the grandkids to ride. I did my research and bought a Yamaha TTR 50 from one of my partners at the ranch that owns a motorcycle dealership. I went and picked William up from school and took him to the dealership. Here is a picture of him:

He was a happy boy. I then took him out to the ranch to give him the opportunity to ride it. He did very well, but it will be a while before he is confident.

If you want to get a laugh, watch this video. Here is Grandpa chasing William around. 

We have been having a very varied weather pattern. We have had some freezing temps and yesterday it was 80. We had two strong storms hit us yesterday, but thankfully no damage. It is spring and here. Here are our first daffodils to prove it:


We did have one of those little bumps on the road happen the other day. I noticed that we had a problem with the floor of our bedroom slide. This turns out to be a defect in the way the slide was built. I took out the interior and found this water damage. 


We are arranging now to get it repaired. This is just our closet, so no big deal. I do expect to have problems with the house (trailer) from time to time. We still love this trailer and the lifestyle. 

I will finish this post with a sunset picture. My brother sent me a note recently that said, you know when you are living life when you start noticing sunrises and sunsets.


Enjoy your Day!

Shawn








No comments:

Post a Comment