Tuesday, August 12, 2014

One of the things we like to do in Colorado.


We woke up the first morning to about 42 degrees in the campsite. It was hard to get out of bed, so we didn’t. Actually it did warm up quickly and we got up and fixed hot oatmeal and hot tea for breakfast. That is just fun to do in August.
I laid out a loop of motorcycling for the day and Kim was concerned when I told her it was about 100 miles. We started by climbing up Cumberland Pass at 12,000 feet. It was beautiful up there.
 P8080078
P8080096
You can see the Collegiate peaks in the background. What a view. The road was narrow in a few spots and had a huge drop off and no guard rails. My kind of fun. Kim just kept saying she trusted me. I kept telling myself, I am not good at much, but I do know how to ride a motorcycle.
We went to Taylor park for gas and then went to the Dinner Station campground to see if we could catch up with our good friends Mike and Des. The camp host told us they were off doing a rafting trip, so we missed them. They had a beautiful camp site. It is right on the banks of the Taylor River. I can see why they like to go there each year.
P8080082 
P8080083 
We then headed around to Spring Creek Reservoir. I love that area. Kim was getting a little sore, so we stopped and I decided to take some flower shots.
P8080084 
P8080089 
We then rode down the Spring Creek road. The rock outcroppings are really cool.

We then looked over the campgrounds around Spring Creek for future considerations. We may end up over there for a few days. We went to The Antler Diner in Taylor Park. The food is OK, but you just have to go there in your moto gear. It is just cool.




P8080094


We then had to climb over Cumberland pass again. I was even happy when we finally made it back to our camp site. That was a long 100 miles for both of us.
Let’s see what else we can do in our next adventure.












No comments:

Post a Comment