Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Ouray and Silverton and Visitors

My Mom and Dad joined us for a few days. They would not stay in our rig with us, so they got a motel room in Montrose. That is only about 15 miles away. I like Montrose. It is a nice sized town. Not too big and not too small.

We decided to head out in Mom and Dad’s Honda CRV for this day of touring. We started by driving the 20 miles or so to Ouray. Here are a few pics:

P8210369

The town is totally surrounded by rock mountains. It is a beautiful setting.

P8210367

Mom and Dad have never seen Ouray or the Million Dollar Highway. I think they were also impressed.

We then went to the Box Canyon Falls. That was very cool.

P8210381

P8210385

Here is a shot with Mom and Dad. I clearly need to go on a diet.

P8210392

Looking up. The Box Canyon is tough to photograph.

P8210386

This is just below the canyon. This is the hot springs that feed all of the hot springs in Ouray, which we would check out at the end of the day.

P8210377

We left the Box canyon and headed out on the Million Dollar Highway to Silverton.

The scenery was awesome.

P8210397

P8210398

P8210407

I have tons of pictures. It is hard to choose which ones to show.

P8210417

I love orange flowers. I wonder why…

P8210418

Then down into the town of Silverton. We had ice cream and went to see the train that had made the trip from Durango.

P8210427

Right as I took that shot, the engineer blew the whistle. That was loud.

A couple of town shots of Silverton:

P8210421

P8210422

We then headed back to Ouray to soak in the Hot Springs Pools. We did have to stop and take a goo look at this waterfall.

P8210432

We did not take any pictures of us soaking in the Hot Springs pool, but I am sure I would not show them if I did. I am working on that diet thing. Really I am…

After the Hot Springs, it was all I could do to get back to the rig and go to bed. It sure felt good.

I hear it is almost 100 degrees in Missouri this week. I am sorry to hear that, really I am. I have found that 75 degrees in the day and 45 –50 at night suits us just fine. I think I will stick with that. Stay cool, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment