Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Anticipation is Growing...

We are getting very excited about the coming days. Yeah, there is that Christmas thing, but what we are really looking forward to is getting back on the road. Don't get me wrong, we really enjoy our time at the ranch, and we love to be around the family, but we really love traveling and seeing new places.

The last few weeks, like elsewhere around the eastern half of the US, has been abnormally warm. Most days have been in the 50's and 60's. We even hit 70 the other day. The nice weather has really inspired me to get out and hike and ride. I have also been busy getting projects done that I have had on the to-do list for some time.

While we were eating the other day, a bird flew into one of our windows. Kim heard it hit the rail on the back of the trailer. I went out to see if it was still alive. It was very stunned, but still alive. I picked it up and held it for a while. Slowly it came back to its senses. I can relate to the feeling the bird had. Here is a picture of my little friend, the tufted titmouse.


After about a half hour he just flew away into one of the large oak trees.

A couple of weeks ago, we had a visit from Michael and Audrey and the two boys. Connor went for his first ride on the 50. It brought back great memories to see Michael running around behind Connor.


Here is a short video of Michael getting his exercise.


We decided to hit a movie and visit the grand kids in Ozark. This is how it is for retired people when you go to the movies at 2:00 in the afternoon on a Tuesday:


By the time the movie started there we about 3 other couples in the theater. Later we got some cuddle time in with little Amelia. She is soo sweet. I love it when she falls fast asleep on my chest.



We spent the last few days getting ready to go. We are all packed up and have all of our toys put away. We will spend Christmas day with all of our kids in Ozark and then hit the road. The weather looks ugly this weekend, so we may not be able to go until early next week. We will not travel in bad weather. The DFW area will be our first destination. We are really looking forward to seeing family and warm weather.

It has been a while since I posted a sunset shot. I got this nice one the other night. The big oak trees create an interesting foreground in this shot.


I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday season. Hopefully my next entry will be from a campground in who knows where...

No comments:

Post a Comment