Thursday, February 20, 2014

Baby Watch

I am writing this from Russellville, Arkansas. We are on station, waiting for our grand child to be born. We have been told it will be a boy, but I refuse to confirm that until the birth.

The last entry was from Vicksburg. That was a very inspiring experience. It has caused me to do some additional research and I am now not sure if we had family members present or not. I am on the hunt and am hoping to come up with some definitive evidence in the coming months.

We left Vicksburg and headed north to Cane Creek State Park, near Star City, Arkansas. The drive was about 160 miles. We were not sure how long we would stay, but the guess was one or two nights. The park turned out to be very nice. We camped on a bluff overlooking a lake. We had a huge site and a great view.
I think we could have fit two of our rigs in this site.

Before sundown, I decided to take a hike. I ended up walking about 4.5 miles. It was a beautiful hike. The trails were well maintained and gave me some ideas of things we could do at HHR.


I decided to cook out on the grill and make a campfire. While I was getting things ready we had a very nice sunset.


We decided to only stay one night. Kim was getting antsy and did not want to miss being there for the birth. We then drove the 140 miles on to Russellville. We got set up in Lake Dardanelle SP. That is where this trip started back in November. That seems like so long ago. So much has happened. Now comes the waiting game.

The weather has been the warmest of the entire trip here in Russellville. Temps have been in the middle 70's. We did have some smoke from some controlled burns. It created a very cool sunset.


So, now we are just hunkering down and spending some nice family time with Michael, Audrey and Connor.


We will update when the baby is born. Be ready for many baby pics.
TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment