Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Crystal Mill

 

I decided to take a ride on the DR to the Crystal Mill. it is only about 4.5 miles up the canyon from Marble. i decided to do the ride by myself to see if I could take Kim up there. The road is very rough with many rocks. Much of the road is nothing but rocks. It is very dangerous on a motorcycle and I don’t think it is a good idea to take Kim up there. The colors were also not very good at the mill.

P9241013

We had a picture of this mill, that my brother Bob took, for many years. Kim always loved it, so she really wants to go. I think she may just hike it.

P9241016

I then went up to the town site of Crystal. There is not much there, but some people still live in the old town.

P9241017

P9241018

This one is back down in the town of Marble.

P9241021

That was enough adventure for one day. We spent the rest of the day relaxing in the campground.

No comments:

Post a Comment