Sunday, December 28, 2014

Time to move further south

We have spent the last 9 days in Russellville, AR. We had a great time visiting our son Michael, his wife Audrey, and their two boys Connor 4 and Cameron 10 months. I am so proud of my son and his wonderful wife. They have a great family.


Michael and I worked hard on his motorcycle and finally got it working correctly. I just hope he has time to ride it and have fun. 

We had a great Christmas. We enjoyed our Christmas last year on the beach in Florida, but it is better spending time with family. We spent some great time with the kids. Connor loves to wrestle. He is all boy. 


We did get to a bowling alley. Connor loves to go bowling. 




We also loved spending time with Cameron. We both felt that we were able to gain a connection to him and hope that he will remember us the next time we get to see him. Here are a couple of good shots:




We did not spend a bunch of time in the RV park, but we really like it here. We will stay here whenever we come to visit Michael and Audrey. There are deer walking through on a regular basis.


We also see barges cruising by. They are really cool to watch. If you time it right, you can watch them come through the locks.


Here is a shot of the locks:



The best part was the bird watching. We saw flocks of White Pelicans, but I really enjoyed seeing Bald Eagles. I could not get a a good picture of one, but I saw one each day when I walked. They are so majestic to watch fly. I saw both adults and some juveniles. Here is the best I got. You will have to take my word for it.


The time has come to move further south. We are heading out tomorrow and will get down to around the Texas border. I hope we can find some warmer weather. Have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment