Tuesday, October 27, 2015

More Amelia Pictures and Some Thoughts


On Sunday, October 25, I was finally able to see and hold my new Grand Daughter, Amelia. She is just as beautiful in person as she is in the pictures I have seen. I have had family members ask to have as many pictures as possible be posted to the blog. I took a few during the visit to the hospital, and Kim took this one when she came home.
i2015-10-26_13-29-26_469
The great news is that both Shannon and Amelia are doing awesome with no complications at all. Kim will be spending the next week or so with Shannon and the kids. I am playing bachelor out at the ranch.
Here are some shots of my visit to the hospital. I was having a bit of a bad hair day.
20151025_131557
20151025_131540
Amelia in hospital
Scott came with me to the hospital to see his new niece. After holding her for about an hour, I gave him a chance.
20151025_142135
Shannon is already getting out of the house with Kim driving her and the kids around. We have tough women in this family.
I do not write about current politics in my blog. I find the subject way to divisive, but I will mention one thing.
Last night, I watched a movie called “Gifted Hands”. It is the story of Ben Carson. I have not made up my mind about the coming election, but it is a very inspirational story. The movie was made in 2009. Just today, the news reported that Ben Carson is polling above Donald Trump in some national polls.
Babies are awesome. I love to be around them and love to hold and love on them. There is just something about a creature that is so unable to harm with hand or word. God makes them perfect, and leaves it is up to man to corrupt that innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment