Thursday, October 9, 2014

Back to the Mountains

We arrived back in Denver on September 29th. We had an amazing time in the mountains, but I kind of felt bad about not spending much time with my Parents and my brother and his family. We decided to hang out in Denver for a week and a half. Mom and Dad came by for a visit while we were at Chatfield State Park.


The next day, we decided to head back up into the mountains to see more Aspens and maybe more snow. We started by going up 285 over Kenosha Pass (10,000 Feet). Then to a little town called Como. We turned up into the mountains and over Boreas Pass. It was snowing pretty good up there.




We were planning to stop in Breckenridge for lunch, but could not agree on a good place. I decided to stop at a friendly little place called 7-11. They had a wide selection on the menu and I found the food quite tasty. Some other opinions varied. 

We then took the back way around Dillon Reservoir and by Keystone. Then up to the top of Loveland Pass. The view is spectacular from up there.





The snow was deep enough to throw a snowball. It was the first I have thrown in 2 years. 


We then drove down to I 70 and went to Georgetown to mail a birthday card to Kim's Dad. 
Happy Birthday Richie!

We saw that there was more road construction on I 70 at Idaho Springs, so we decided to make it 4 passes for the day and drive over Quinella Pass. CODOT has done an amazing job fixing up the road on the way to the top and down about 5 miles of the other side. Then we ran into road construction. It will be awesome when they get it done.

This one is at the summit:






We saw this sheep on the side of the road:


I took this one during a road construction stop:


All in all it was a really fun day. Thanks to my Mom and Dad for going with us and letting us take their car. The food may have been a little suspect, but it is all part of the adventure.

Take time to enjoy the beautiful world around you.











1 comment: