Thursday, April 14, 2016

New Friends and Old Friends

We have been set up at Old Post Campground along the banks of the Arkansas River for the past few days. This campground has a great feel and we really like it. The best part is that our son lives close by and we have been visiting with him and his family each day.

Grandpa and Cameron
I loved my grandpa time. Thanks to Michael and Audrey for all of the hospitality. We can't wait to spend more time with you in a couple of weeks.

It is cool that this is one of the most historical places in Arkansas. If you want to more about it, you can read the signs below:



When we got set up we noticed a really nice 5er next to ours. After a bit, we met Dick and Cathy. They are from the area. They live in their rig full time, but have had a very rocky two years since they went full time. They have 17 grandkids and are in the area to visit with family and take care of some tough family business. We stayed up late a couple of nights talking and sharing the stories of or lives. They took a trip to Alaska last year and we really wanted to know about that. We really enjoy talking to other full timers.

Dick and Cathy
I also took the shot below that is funny because of the blueboy in the background. I did not notice it when I took the shot, but it is kind of an inside joke.

The things that full timers talk about are just funny.
We really enjoyed out time together. Dick and Cathy please keep in touch and we look forward to the next time our paths cross.

While we were in Russellville, I got a text from a friend that lives in the area. Ken, and his wife Mary and I worked together for many years. They were my customer for all of those years, but we had a special relationship. After working full days, Ken and I would go play basketball or golf. Ken and I decided to go play golf. We did not play well, but it was great spending the day together and catching up.

On Tuesday evening we went to another one of Connors soccer games. And then back to the rig for dinner. Ken and Mary came over and we talked until way after Ken's bedtime. Thanks for making contact guys, we had a great time catching up.

We decided to head north on Wednesday, April 13. We only had 230 miles to make it back to the ranch, but we decided to make one more stop. I will write about that in my next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment