Wednesday, April 20, 2016

We Love the Ranch in April

We arrived back at the Ranch in near Mansfield, Missouri on April 14. We love it here this time of year. The weather is fairly cool and the dogwoods and redbuds are blooming. We have a pretty great camp spot with full hook ups.


It is pretty quiet here most of the time. The first evening, I went fishing in one of the ponds and after catching about 10 fish, I decided to walk around and take some pictures of this beautiful place.

My favorite fishing pond

Dogwoods in bloom
I really like this big White Oak
Nice Sunset to Welcome us back
The next day we took a cruise around the property to check things out and take more pictures of the beauty this time of year. 



Redbuds
On Friday night, we headed over to Ozark to see our grand daughters play. She is going to be a star!

Hannah is on the far right in this scene
It was great to spend some time with the family.

We had a busy weekend around the ranch. I did a check out ride on both Saturday and Sunday. We take prospective members out to look the place over and evaluate if this place is a good fit for them. I then met up with a new member I had not met before. Zach is a 23 year old from Nixa. We had a blast riding together. I rode more than I should have for my first ride in about 4 months and was pretty sore on Sunday. We have an event on April 23,24, so that will be a busy weekend. After that, things will slow down for the summer.

We are not sure how long we will stay. We are planning to do a bunch of shorter trips to camping and boating spots around Missouri and Northern Arkansas. There is much we can do within just a couple of hours of the ranch. It should be a fun next few months. As usual, I do not post as much when we are not moving. I do not feel the need to fill this blog with day to day life. There are plenty of blogs out there that do that. I will post again when there is something worth writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment