Friday, January 2, 2015

Visiting Family in Dallas Metroplex

We have spent the last few days visiting family in the area around Dallas. We drove from Russellville, AR to Durant, OK on Monday, 12/29. That is my Mom's Birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! That was a 280 mile drive. That is long for us, but we wanted to get as far south as we could and then spend some time at some land that Kim's parents own. We stayed at Platter Flats Campground on Lake Texoma. It is a COE park and with our interagency discount was only $6 per night. We had the campground all to ourselves.


We then went over to the land on Tuesday, where Kim's Dad met us to show us around. It is a really cool place with plenty of cover for wildlife. We will plan to come back here and spend more time. I did not get any great pictures (I need to do better about that). I did see something kind of neat. Check out this branch that grew back together.


We took a long walk and then I rode on Rich's 4 wheeler. It was a really fun day. Thanks Richie!

We then hooked up and moved the 90 miles down to Lake Lewisville. From there we can see both my brother in North Dallas and Kim's parents in Bedford. The National Championship playoff games are on ESPN, so I went over to their house to watch them. Thanks for staying up Phyllis. The day we arrived, I went for a long walk and took this picture from across an inlet of our campground and trailer.


We also got to spend some time with Kim's brother Rick and wife Donna and their daughter Laura. We also got an added treat of spending some time with Kim's niece Halle. Here she is with the grinch that stole Christmas:


We had a fun New Years. We had a private party for the two of us in our trailer and stayed up until after midnight. Yeah us. 

We will do some more visiting today and then move down to the south for more visiting. It is great to have the time to spend with family. It just seems so unfair that they have to get up and go to work and we don't. As I reflect back on 2014, I truly believe it was the best year of my life. I am just praying that 2015 is even better. Happy New Year to all!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment