Sunday, January 18, 2015

Anniversary X2

I am writing this on Sunday, January 18. We are now at Choke Canyon State Park. It is a very nice park about halfway between San Antonio and Corpus Christi. The park is full of wildlife. I will do an entry about this park in the next couple of days.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my retirement. It is hard to remember how I lived my life before this major life change. I can't even imagine how it was when my free time was limited to weekends and vacations. My pace of life has changed so much it is amazing. I love the relaxed pace and I am pretty sure I would have a very difficult time going back to a working life. At this point, I hope I never have to do that. It will be interesting to see if my mind changes in the coming years.



Tomorrow is our 35th wedding anniversary. I can honestly say that I have never felt closer to Kim. We both agree that this lifestyle has significantly improved our relationship. We are both pulling for the same goal. We still need a bit of alone time, but that is easy to do when you are surrounded by nature and have so much to see and do. Here is a picture of Kim sitting in front of a heart shaped tree:



We have made one significant decision. The best advice I have ever received was provided by my grandfather. He was near the end of his life when I asked him what advice he would give to a young person. He told me " Live your life with no regrets". He also told me to take advantage of your youth and opportunities while you have them. Well, we have the opportunity to travel this year, and we have decided to take advantage of it. We are not sure where we will go and what we will do, but we do plan to spend the majority of this year on the road. Why?, because we can.



Take time to enjoy your sunsets, we sure will. See you down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment