Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Time to Move On

On Monday, March 28, we decided to move west. We had spent 7 days at Hales Landing Park and we were ready to get back on the road. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of the park, but we could have done with a little less rain. The rain finally ended on Easter Sunday evening. Just before the sun went down it showed itself between the cloud deck and the horizon. It was a nice evening, so I decided to take a long walk and take a few last pictures. I really needed the exercise at that point. It made for an interesting sunset. After the sun went below the horizon it lit up the sky with some nice colors.

Last Sunset at Hales Landing

It was a perfectly calm evening. The water was so pretty and glassy.

While I was walking around, I took a few shots of site #6. It was occupied when we arrived. It is a very cool site with a private deck overlooking the water.

Site #6 at Hales Landing
We got up on Monday morning and we were quick to get ready to move out. I had to take a picture of the two geese that were hanging out on the grass behind our rig.

Foggy last morning at Hales Landing

We said our good byes the the camp host and headed out. We had a long for us travel day. The total distance was about 210 miles to south central Alabama. We selected another COE park called Millers Ferry Campground.

The campground was pretty full for this time of year. I selected a site on the water, across from the bathroom that also had a washer and dryer. Kim was ready to catch up on a little laundry. The only problem was that the playground was also right there. That should not be a big problem, the kids should be in school. WRONG! It is spring break and the campground was full of kids. It really was not a significant issue. The kids were well supervised and went to bed early.

Check out our site. This is site 9. As you can see in the picture, we had our own dock. We are planning to do a bunch of paddling in the two days we will be here.

Our Site #9 at Millers Ferry, Alabama
I will write all about our time at Millers Ferry in my next entry. I will also tell the story about where we went next. That one got a bit crazy, but that is a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment