Sunday, September 21, 2014

Hanging out at Erickson Springs

I have not made any new entries this week. We don't have any kind of technology and I have been having too much fun. So the Blog has taken a back seat. We are going to leave Erickson Springs after two weeks of dry camping on Monday, September 22. While we have been here we have enjoyed the beautiful scenery.


There is a trail up the canyon that is used by the local outfitters and their horses. Many guys are heading up to Elk and bear hunt. This bridge is about 1/4 of a mile from the trail head.


Kim and I decided to take a walk up the trail the other evening. We went up about a mile and a half. I brought my fly rod and tried some fishing. I decided I would try to catch our dinner. I had some good luck:


Fish On!


Nice Rainbow!


And a large Brook Trout to go with it.


I fixed them for dinner and they were very good. I normally catch and release, but after paying $66 for a fishing license, I did not feel bad keeping these two. 

Then on the way back to camp, we saw a bear! We watched him for about 10 minutes. He was just gorging himself on berries on the far hillside. This is the best picture we could get of him:



We are having a great time, but it is time to move on. We are not sure where we will go next, but we are still waiting for those aspen's to turn. 









No comments:

Post a Comment