Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Goose Island State Park

We left Mustang Island State Park on Sunday, February 8. I drove the easy 64 miles around Corpus Christi Bay to Goose Island State Park. It was a bit windy, but not too bad.

Goose Island SP has two loops. One is in the woods and one is right on the bay. We were thinking that we were ready for some more isolated camping in the woods, but the sites that were available were very tight and we really liked the views from the bay side sites. We opted for the bay side.


We parked next to another couple that have a Titanium trailer. They were full timers for 7 years and have now decided to only travel part time. They had some great advice. I noticed solar panels on top on their rig and I got great info on that upgrade I am planning. The one thing I noticed about Dean and Jo is that although they are in their late 70's, they still looked young and were full of energy. I hope people say that about us when we are their age.

The cool thing about this site is that we have sunsets right out the back window. So, expect a bunch of sunset pictures over the next few days.




There is a long pier at the end of the island that looks really good. I am sure I will be out there doing some fishing while we are here.


It was foggy our first morning, but there were some pelicans on some pilings out the back window.


Here is the view of our loop from the end of the pier. Did I mention the pier is about a half mile long?


I surprised myself this morning by getting up at 7AM. I have no idea what possessed me. I was rewarded by I nice sunrise.


I only had to walk about 50 feet to get this picture. We have a pretty cool site. 

We are hearing about Whooping Cranes at the Aransas Wildlife Refuge that is adjacent to the State Park. Who knows what we will do while we are here.

Yesterday we got serious about planning the next couple of weeks and the trip back to Missouri. I found a place to store the trailer and we are all set to leave on 2/24 and will be in Mansfield on 2/27.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment